Below is some important information about costumes, hair and makeup for the show. Please have your costume items and makeup kits ready no later than our first dress rehearsal. Try to get your dance shoes as soon as possible so you can break them in and wear at choreography/blocking rehearsals. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Julie Wilkinson or me.
ALL CAST will need a set of blacks — long sleeve black t shirt and long comfortable black pants (boys) or full-length black leggings (girls) all without graphics (small graphics can be covered with black tape). EXCEPTIONS are Princess Fiona, Shrek, Young Ogre, and Donkey who do not need blacks.
ALL CAST must wear black dance shoes – can be ballet, jazz or character shoes. EXCEPTIONS are:
· Puss in the Boots – knee high black or brown boots
· Princess Fiona – character shoes
· Teen Fiona – either flats or character shoes, will determine once Fionas are lined up on Thursday (need to be shorter than Princess Fiona and taller than Young Fiona)
· Young Fiona – must be flats
· Pinocchio, Peter Pan, and Gingy – must be flats
ALL CAST WITH LONG HAIR must have hair pulled back in a low bun with wisps pinned down. We want to see your face when you’re acting! You will be swapping out a number of headpieces. EXCEPTION is Gingy who will wear hair in two buns on top of head. Please get a pack of hairnets, bobby pins, hair brush, and hairspray for your makeup kit.
ALL CAST will wear basic stage makeup (foundation, blush, black eyeliner, red lipstick, and optional eye shadow). Please purchase these items for your makeup kit. We cannot share makeup. In addition, consider purchasing the following (none of these are required, just recommended): primer, powder, concealer if you have breakouts, makeup sponges, q-tips, hard box to store (Caboodles makes a great box), freestanding mirror, facial wipes, and makeup remover. EXCEPTIONS are:
· Lord Farquaad – dark eyebrow pencil (may be able to use eyeliner)
· Shrek and Young Ogre – green face paint and primer
· Princess Fiona – possibility you might need green face paint and primer, will try green lighting first
· Gingy – thick white and baby blue eye liner, will test out painting face